Sunday, March 30, 2008

Clean-Up Day

A few updates regarding April 5th:

  • Meet at 7:00 am at the Lone Star Cafe on Hwy 92
  • Drive up Carr Canyon to Comfort Spring Trail Head
  • Hike down to Comfort Spring and then up Wisconsin Trail to Bear Saddle (about 4 miless)
  • Clean-up area around saddle, Bear Spring, and another area just to north on Crest Trail
  • There is a link to the new clean-up flyer on right side of this page

Some most excellent news is that arrangements are being made for someone to haul the bags out by horse. This will save us time - I was not looking forward to carrying the heavy bags out. I will post later this week when this arrangement is finalized. Looks like we will be able to leave the packed bags at Bear Saddle or a nearby location and the trash will be hauled out a day or two later.

Picture of Bear Saddle: The trash density is similar to this and extends a quarter of a mile down from the saddle. There is another area about three quarters of a mile north that has some piles of litter.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Steve, count me in!!! The last time you had a clean-up in Feb I was still cruising through Texas (and ended up picking up trash at Padre Island that same day for another clean-up). I will bring my husband's pick-up.

Interesting, I often go on my own into these mountains to pick up trash. My limit is one 20-pound bag so that I don't endanger myself going back down the rocky trails.